Sunday, February 20, 2011

Catching up again...







Please forgive me for not updating our blog sooner but the Albritton House of "6" has been pretty busy around here. The boys have been to visit the doctor, Micah got glasses, Mason's eyes were just fine, Micah has had his ears checked and has an appointment with an ENT in the morning, he failed his first hearing test which we pray it was just from infection, Mason's ears are just fine and the boys will soon begin getting caught up on their shots. WOW! So now you see why I haven't been able to blog much sooner.

The boys are still adjusting well and everyday is better. I am going to try to update you with a few things that God has laid on my heart in the past few days. I hope that you can see that all Glory and Praise is due to our lord and Savior for everything that He is doing in the life of our family.
As we sat at Mamaw and Papaws house today with the rest of the Albritton family it thrilled my heart to watch Micah play the guitar with his Uncle Kyle and Mason ride his sisters scooter with his new knee pads and helmet that he received for his birthday from his Aunt and Uncle. I became very weepy as I thought about how everytime we went to visit the boys at the orphangae and the care givers there could not believe that we would want the boys because they acted so badly. We never thought they did-they just behaved like boys. I just kept thinking how Awesome it is that God used Kirk and I in the adoption process and how now Mason and Micah never have to worry about having a family. I can't imagine what their lives would have been like if we had not been obedient to our Lord. Just watching Micah play the guitar thrilled my heart and knowing that he is so loved much by so many people. God, You are so Awesome that we don't deserve your love but You love us no matter what. Lord, Thank You for just helping me see what two precious boys that you have placed in the Albritton family. Yes, Lord there are days that are tough but you had much tougher days that none of us can even imagine what you went through for us. Thank You for just that sweet glimpse of Your love that I saw in Micah today.

2/16/2011
Today Mason wanted me to drop him off in car drop off for school this morning. I was not ready to let him walk in to school without me but he did GREAT!!! He looked so grown-up walking in school without me and I caught myself a little teary eyed. Micah was just fine with me parking the van and carring him in. (HA! HA!)

2/17/2011
As I walked out the school this morning from dropping off the boys, a little girl walked up to me and said, "Hey, your Mason's mom." Boy, did my heart melt. I said, YES! I am Mason's mom." Wow, Mason's mom-Thank You God for allowing Mason to have a mommy and Thank You God that it is me. Your guessed it-another teary-eyed morning. At least it was tears of Joy.

Today Mason pulled his 2 front teeth! Yes, 2 teeth on the same day. The first one he pulled at the West Monroe basketball game and the 2nd one was right before bedtime. Some one must have told him about the tooth fairy. LOL!

Today Mason saw a man at Mitchell's baseball game and said to him Church! I was so happy that he recognized that we went to church with this man. I have been amazed on how well the boys have picked up English.

Sometimes it is so hard to blog everything that God is doing in my life and the life of our family but I pray that you will see God's hand all over this blog. God deserves all Glory and honor in eveything we do!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey guys, just dropping in to say hello. So glad you all are home safe and everyone is doing well. Many blessings, McCoys

    ReplyDelete