Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The journey continues....
















Yes..It has been 18 days since I have blogged and I am so sorry but things have been very busy at the Albritton house of SIX!!! I love that "6" number. God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave us 2 little boys.

Since I last blogged the boys have been to Church, Sunday school, children's choir, AWANA, enrolled in public school and been shopping. They are doing Great! School is going much better and they are still adjusting. God has blessed us by allowing them to attend a school with a Russian speaking teacher. She is wonderful and has been able to help the boys adjust better to school. They are also receiving English as a Second Language classes and will be monitored for the next two years.

This week the boys have eye appointments, hearing appointments and medicals. I am sure they will love me after this week. HA! Today was eye appointments and we found out that Micah needs glasses. We thought he did so we weren't surprised. His glasses will come in soon and the doctor wants to try glasses to try to prevent from having corrective surgery. If the glasses don't work then we will be referred for surgery. We are praying the glasses will work. Dr. Dwayne's (eye doctor) office staff was AWESOME this afternoon. I am sure they were glad to see us leave. I owe them Big for being so patient and loving to the boys.
I will say that we have had some rough days but I would not have changed anything. I can't imagine our family without Mason and Micah. I also know that our Lord has carried us through every rough day and that He will continue to carry us. Our prayer is that the boys will someday know how much we love them and that God's perfect plan was to place them in our family.

Continue to pray for the boys as they adjust and for us as we continue to be a family.

I had mentioned in one of the other blogs that during prayer time with the boys they would just stare funny at us--well now Mason yells at the end of prayer time AMEN!!! Hey-it's a start.
Every since we have had the boys I have always told them that Mama loves Mason or Mama loves Micah-normally Mason would say "nyet" (no) to me when I would tell him but Saturday night out of the blue, Mason said, "Mom". I said, "what"? He replied, "Mason loves mama". Yes-I needed tissue after that one. It was a very much woohoo moment for this mama.

A little note about school: The boys teachers are wonderful! I am so happy that we have been able to attend the school that we are attending. I loved it on Monday when Mason couldn't wait to show his teacher his new folder. He ran to his teacher and pulled it out on the floor for her to see it. She made him feel so special by paying attention to something that was important to Mason. Thank You so much Mrs. Bradley!!!
Our church family has planned a shower for the boys--we are so excited about the shower. Our church family and friends continue to help and provide for our family. Lord, Thank You so much for all you have done and continue to do for our family. Lord, we give you all the praise and glory for all you continue to do! We love You Lord!

The journey continues...












1 comment:

  1. It's been so good to see those two running around and acting crazy at church just like the rest of them! I'm glad things are going well at home for all of you!

    ReplyDelete