Sunday, November 7, 2010

November 4, at 8:08a.m.

The phone call came about our invitation to go to Ukraine. WooHoo! Our God is an Awesome God! The call that seemed to have taken alot longer than 16 days finally came on Thursday at 8:08a.m. I have not posted until now because we wanted to share with our Fair Park family today on Adoption Sunday. Our FP family was so happy and excited for us. Thank you to our FP family, our family and friends that have made this journey possible. Please continue to pray for us as God continues to grow our family.

I am sure that our neighbors think we are crazy for already decorating for Christmas but it must be done now. All decorations are up and presents are wrapped. I don't know that I have every had a present wrapped in November or a tree up this early.

Time is being spent now to get our child's room ready, pack our suitcases and make sure that all details with Morgan and Mitchell are done, lose ends taken care of and work is all planned and covered. Wow! Have I made you tired yet? All of this is worth making a difference in a child's life and the life of our family.

Keep posted to our blog.

We Love you All!

6 comments:

  1. Albritton family,

    My husband and I are also adopting from Ukraine! Just like you guys, we are now anxiously awaiting our SDA appt date. Today is 17 days...hope we'll hear tomorrow!

    When is your appt date? I'm just trying to get an idea of when our date might be.

    I totally understand all the craziness that must be going on at your house. Like you, I have all my Christmas presents wrapped. :)

    Maybe our paths will cross in Ukraine...

    Best wishes,
    Lindsay Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    We received ours on the 16th day. That gave us 10 days to get plan tickets and everything ready. Our appointment date is the 17th at 11:00a.m. I know this is crazy but what is your blog address?

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! That is wonderful. I honestly didn't know that they made appts on any days other than Monday. Everyone else has a Monday appt. That gives me hope!

    Still no date for us. I'm so tired of waiting...

    I'm a total slacker! I don't have a blog...

    Please feel free to email me. My email is bdavis_37334@yahoo.com.

    Look forward to talking to you soon!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherrie,

    Here is a better email for me: ldavis@ccihsv.com. This one goes straight to my blackberry so I can reply at a moment's notice.

    Talk to you soon,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete