Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!!!







Happy New Year to all! Who would have thought that I would have been spending two years in Ukraine? Kinda funny huh! Well, not really full years but 2010 and 2011. I was unable to post yesterday because the internet was acting crazy throughout the day so I just decided to save it for today. My morning of the the New Year began skyping with dear friends from home. It was a wonderful time of just talking and sharing about everything going on with the boys here and things going on back home. I can't wait to get back home to see my family, friends and worship with my church family. Our church family has been Wonderful to us during this time. It is always Great to hear from them daily through facebook, emails and skyping. I also appreciate the children that sent cards with Kirk and I on this journey. It won't be long before the boys and I began our journey home. WOOHOO!!!! They can't wait and neither can I!!!!

It was so exciting to play with the boys yesterday because we were allowed to play outside. Up until this point we have only been able to play inside in a not so wonderful child playing room. They had a blast outside and I posted some of the pictures for you to see.

The post today might be lengthy but I would like to share what God laid on my heart yesterday morning so just bare with me and please forgive my mispelling:

How sad I was as I looked out my window this morning and saw a couple that appeared to be drunk from I guess a New Year's eve party. They couldn't even stand up and actually were on the ground in just minutes. I wander what are they thinking? They are NUTS! How can they act so dumb? My heart also breaks thinking -Do they even know who Jesus is? How can they not know? He is everywhere!!! Just look around! Sometimes do I miss what God is saying to me? Do I ignore what He wants me to do? No-I don't drink, never been drunk and have no desire to begin but do I act drunk about what God would have me to do. Lord, I pray that I never miss and opportunity to serve You!!! God-You are Awesome-way beyond our comprehension! I sit in a country today that I see no evidence of Christ in the lives of people-Do they see Christ in me? Oh, Lord-I pray they do. I know that Christ is with me because He has carried me with His loving arms daily. Are you allowing God to work through you this new year? Are you making a difference in the life of a non-Christian? Does the world see Christ in you? Are you listening to God? Do you care about the dying and lost world around you? Allow God to work through you and in you this new year!

The one thing that kept ringing in my heart yesterday was "God's Still Working on Me".

Well, I pray that God can use this post to touch soemone's heart. Have A Great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment